Follow these simple steps…
- Check the eligibility criteria to make sure you are eligible to apply for either of the awards. The Northern Photography Prize is only open to amateur photographers whose work celebrates the North East of England and whose work belongs to them and does not infringe the copyright of any other party.
- Check the opening and closing dates for submissions and read the Terms and Conditions carefully.
- All entries must be submitted in digital JPEG format, scans of film negatives or high resolution transparencies. All entries should be at least 1920 pixels at the longest dimension and be no larger than 8 MB in file size.
- All entries must be submitted WITH A CAPTION, including background information such as motivations behind the image or special circumstances surrounding the moment. Captions must also include as precise a location as possible, the photographic equipment used, and the camera settings used when the image was taken. When you are happy with your work, submit your entry.
- Please note that you can only submit ONE entry per award, using the submissions portal which will be accessible to you after you have registered.
- Most queries are answered in ‘Frequently Asked Questions‘, but if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please contact us.
The entry portal will open from midnight on 31st January 2023 and will close at 11:59p.m. (GMT) on 3oth June 2023. You will not be able to submit an entry outside of these dates.
All successful and unsuccessful entrants will hear back from us by week ending 4th August (previously 31st July) 2023 and the winning entries for each award will be announced at the end of September 2023. Owing to a high volume of entries, we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful entrants.